Rent v. Buy – Should you rent? Or should you buy? The New York times has the all-time best calculator to help you decide.
Park Search - Where to take Fido for a walk? Search for public parks on the Chicago Park District web site.
Insider’s Look – notfortourists.com has the scoop on the best and worst kept neighborhood secrets, plus insider tips for life in Chicago.
New in town? – Take a personalized guided tour for free through the Office of Tourism and Culture’s Chicago Greeter Program.
Chicago Police Incident Information – Search the CPD’s Clearmap site. Pick an address, a radius and a time frame, and the site will map out each incident that has occurred.
Your Closing Team
Lenders - Unless you plan on paying cash for your home, you’ll need to secure a mortgage. We work with the best people in the business. Here are a few to get you started:
- A&N Mortgage | 773-305-7008 | Ask for Steve Bloom
- Guaranteed Rate | 773.290.0560 | Ask for Tim Ross
- Chase Bank | 312.258.2150 | Ask for Chris Chepy
- For Renovation Loans – Wells Fargo | 312-274-4134 | Ask for Jesse Tzimas
Attorneys - Having an experienced real estate attorney on your team is crucial during the one of life’s most important purchases.
- Gunderson Tharp |312-739-0200 | Ask for Brian Tharp
- Coffey at Law |773.316.7619 | Ask for Karen Coffey
- Mort Rubin | 847.272.1234
Inspectors – Don’t skip this step! Make sure you know what you’re buying before you close. A good home inspector can help you spot potentially expensive repairs before you get stuck with the tab.